Thoughts on Chris Hinton's Flux

My first impression of Flux was confusion and difficulty trying to grasp what I was seeing. The transitions between scenes were unlike anything I'd ever seen, and it was confusing at first to figure out the space that a scene was taking place in. The total rejection of having a frame and relying on movement to transition between beats was really cool to see and added to the humor of the film. I really enjoyed how Hinton depicts his characters as having almost a throbbing motion even when they're standing still, as it adds to the crazy energy of the animation.
I also thought sound played a key role in this film, adding to its comedy but also grounding it in reality. The characters spoke complete gibberish which added to their outlandishness and hilarity. Certain realistic sounds however such as the crashing of the tea pot on the floor helped create a sense of familiarity in an otherwise fantastical film.

Comments

  1. I agree! I think Chris Hinton created a very confusing yet cool style that was meant to be comical because of how outrageous the movements were. I think this balanced out the story because of how sad yet sweet the story actually was.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon