Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

This weekend, I watched the hit 2005 animated movie Bratz: Rock Angelz. This movie was one of the first Bratz films in CGI, and let me tell you- the plot is ALL OVER THE PLACE. The girls start a fashion magazine and use stolen passes to get into hot London punk clubs, but when they lose their passes they decide that the only way to get into the gig is to become a rock band? This movie can be considered capitalist propaganda- the Bratz shop in order to destress about their problems, and it's an implemental part of their lives. They don't have jobs either- Jade has an internship, but only for three hours until she is fired. Chloe meets a TRASH British prince and ignores her best friend Yasmin who finds celebrity judge Byron Powell's (I don't make this stuff up) dog, Ozzy. Jade and Sasha try to do a photo shoot for the magazine, but Sasha micromanages the whole thing and makes her friend feel bad! And this whole time, there's these two evil blond twins (Kaley Cuoco PLAYS ONE OF THEM) and one of them has a really bad nose job. Objects are just drawn to it!

I can't believe the girl from Twitches starred in this! On the bright side, look at how pretty their hair is!

Comments

  1. I don't know about you but this film sounds incredible!! The plot? probably intricate and well written. The characters? iconic. The fashion? I'm sure they looked good. I have always wanted to look like a Bratz doll that's why I'm saving up for lip injections and rib removal surgery. Do you know where I can stream this masterpiece? I want to watch it on a loop until I die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwfmh2iGK4M As you wish!

      Delete
  2. This film would've gotten a lot more flack if it were made in live action, but I think the animation frees it up and allows people to "just go with it" because it's crappily animated CG renderings of dolls. I suppose bad animation can be a tool to tell the stories you want to tell, I mean look at the works of Trey Parker and Matt Stone ("Team America: World Police") in particular. That movie would be half as funny if the jokes weren't coming from stupid looking "Thunderbird"-type puppets...the sex scene, ESPECIALLY.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon