How did they do that?

After a semester of learning about animation aesthetics and delving into how 3D animation has dominated mainstream animation, I'm still left with this burning curiosity about how the heck artists create 3D images. I ran across this video just scrolling through Facebook one day and found it very interesting. I don't know if this how a lot of artists draw their characters but even so:

I don't know if this link will work for you:  https://www.facebook.com/Jrockradio/videos/1836480999772427/

It's basically a video of someone drawing in 3D a character's hair with a tablet.

From what I can tell from the comments section (the most factual information source known to humans) it looks to be a newish form of technology? It got me thinking, and we touched on this in class a bit as well, as the technology grows and as new technology develops the more styles and techniques we will see artists employing. I'm excited to see what comes out in the future but I also want to know more about what technology already exists. The documentary we watched in class briefly touched on how unfinished 3D animation can look terrifying but I want to know how artists take something so horrific and make a cute little fish out of it! It's the same fascination I have while watching any film with an intricate camera move or crazy crowd scenes... "how did they do that?!?!".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon