Why does it bother us?

Over Thanksgiving break the new Lion King trailer came out and almost immediately it was #1 trending on Youtube, it was all over my snapchat, all over my Instagram, basically it was everywhere. I can recall reading the comments section with nearly everyone hyping up the movie, excited to see something that essentially came out two decades ago. This really had me thinking.
Taking this animation class really opened my eyes, and now that I'm surrounded by people that are passionate about animation I am curious to why we are so annoyed with a recreation of a movie like this while everyone else seems so excited.
This may be a stupid question, but besides the fact that we are more aware that all this is money driven, why do we seem so bothered by the recreation of a movie like Lion King?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon