Castlevania

Over break my family and I watched Castlevania, which is this series on Netflix about vampires. It’s actually based off of a video game which I thought was really interesting. Usually you hear of shows being adapted from books/short stories, historical events, or even from a movie or movie series. But I had never heard of an animated series being adapted from a video game. I’m not a huge gamer but I know a lot of video games have a lot of great storylines and narratives that make them even more fun to play because you become a character yourself. I was just wondering what the process of adapting from a game is like. Especially within animation, Castlevania was a game you could play on your GameBoy (ugh, simpler times)! The TV series had to extrapolate their own animated characters, sets, and styles from the game. I guess my main question is, who is deciding this and how do they decide?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon