Cheeto Man From Toy Story

Okay, so I don’t know why, but for some reason the scene from Toy Story 2 with the Cheeto guy popped in my head. It was so memorable to me and I know it had to do with how detailed the animation was. It felt so real, real enough to where I think it may have scarred me?

Anyway, if you haven’t seen this, I linked it here:

The cheese crumbs on his fingertips were so meticulous that I felt as though I had cheese on my own hands. I specifically remember looking down and feeling my own hands to make sure that my hands didn’t look like that. I have no idea why his orange smeared fingertips bothered me so much???? Is it because it looked so real? I’m not sure where I am even going with this, but I just feel like I can’t be the only person that felt this way towards this scene.

In no way am I dissing this movie or hating this part of the film. I actually just amazed by how something on a screen can make me cringe this much. Not only is this the magic of movie making as a whole, but definitely the magic of animation. A real-life man with Cheeto crumbs on his fingertips wouldn’t bother me as much, and I know why. Animation can be more dramatic; as you can literally do whatever you want with it. For instance, the cheese can be more orange on his chubby fingers than real-life and it can look even more prominent with this medium. All in all, I absolutely love Toy Story and the details seen throughout the whole film is really something else.



Comments

  1. I agree that this scene is extremely uncomfortable for some reason. I do think it's in part of who the character is but the animation of this scene does seem particularly detailed. I think texture does a lot for this scene because cheeto dust is something that really stains your fingers and it's hard to get off so I think the animators are playing with the idea of texture here to make us feel that relatable sense of "gross, there's cheeto dust all over my fingers now" which makes us feel even worse about the character.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon