Why do people like Hollywood Animation

Something that this class has started to make me think is, "why is the major audience of the US attracted to the "Hollywood" animation films, whereas there are tons and tons of lesser known animated films that might be just as good, if not better?" Obviously this all relates back to distribution of Hollywood animated films and that plays one of the biggest aspects, but my mind wonders back to what Jason said about stuff being "good but boring." I wonder what people would say if you were to ask the audience of mainstream animation viewers (pixar, dreamworks, etc) what they thought of the animated films that we watch in class. Would they think the film is "good but boring," or just not like the film. Or possibly could they even fall in love with the films and learn to appreciate them as they do with Hollywood animation.

I love thinking about the relationship between what we watch in class versus what is more popular in Hollywood, and would love to hear a possible discussion about that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon