Stop Motion is Cool

I think Stop Motion is incredibly interesting. It's such a vast umbrella term actually with lots of branches of animation that could fall under animation. Stop Motion can also be anything from a short film about two cut out circles dancing around, to films like Kubo and the Two Strings and Fantastic Mr. Fox. Watching a behind the scenes video on Paranorman I learned a lot about how much work goes into each character and model. The one specific detail that always gets me is when they build a second joint into the foot that functions as the toe. Just this small attention to detail can make a walking model look so much more life like.

Comments

  1. I agree that stop motion is super cool. Also it is so hard to make, I can't imagine how hard it is to match the audio to the movement of the lips on claymation especially. Every time I think about stop motion, I always think about the Parks and Recreation episode where Ben spends weeks making a claymation that turns out to be a few seconds long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I find interesting about stop motion is how you can always recognize when a film/work is stop motion. Like you said, stop motion can be anything from abstract shorts to feature films. Yet there is a certain technique and quality to them that's always been recognizable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon