Seeing the artists footprints makes draw animation a humanizing experience. Not only do we see the process to which the creator went on in order to produce what we see, but it makes us see how everything is made by a human. CGI animated movies like "Up" or "Toy Story", don't have a grounded feeling. Though, the movies I just mentioned produce extraordinary ranges of human emotion, they do not, in my opinion, produce a real connection. This is because of the lack of human footprints on the work. When we watched "Flux", I could see the pencil marks from the artist and I felt the texture of the work. I knew that a real person had touched what I was viewing, and because of this, it became more personal.

Comments

  1. I agree with your opinion of CGI in comparison to blatantly drawn animation. I feel as though when you are watching Toy Story or Up, sure you are getting enjoyment from them but there is no connection. When watching these drawn animations, you can appreciate the artwork and talent much more. You understand that each frame is drawn by hand and intricately thought through in order to create a full moving image.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon