I have to talk about Steamboat Willie

If you know me, then you know I am a huge Disney freak. Yes, I am one of those people. I have seen the classic Steamboat Willie before the screening in animation and I have always admired it. Disney even uses it as part of their production logo for some of their films.

Whenever I see this short I always think that the animation style is so interesting. I love how seeing how much Mickey Mouse's look has changed between then versus Mickey Mouse now. The animation style is different but I notice that the character still feels the same. After thinking to myself why this is, I came up with the solution that even though he looks different and the animation style is different (2D to 3D), the movement of animation is still the same in my eyes. He still moves the same and has the same personality, which is why we all get the same feeling when seeing Mickey on screen.

I just think it's incredible to think about how different something is but because of the movement between two images we still get the same feeling that each animation style brings. Do any of you guys get the same feeling seeing Mickey back then versus now?

Comments

  1. I think it's really interesting how you address the personality and style of movement of Mickey hasn't changed despite the years of progress in technology and medium and I agree, it's incredible how the artists have been able to maintain that same level of life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon