Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse has the Most Unique Animation I've seen All Year

I just saw Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and I have to say that this is without a doubt the best animated film I've seen all year. The animation in this movie is entirely its own style of comic book like designs, combined with 2D cartoons, and anime. I completely embraces the wacky style and world it has created and I have never seen an animated movie that has looked like this. At least, not to this degree. The characters will often have their thoughts displayed in a text box above their head as if they are actually in a comic book, and to top it all off, the character's backstories are literally explained by opening one of their comic book issues and reading through it while the character narrates their origin. The film has taken the look, feeling, and tone of a comic book, and has completely embraced it into crafting one of the most beautifully animated films I have ever seen.

Comments

  1. i agree! i hope to see it getting some recognition in the coming awards season but we'll see. it seems like the oscar is basically the pixar award at this point so it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against incredibles 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really hope it wins something this award season! This move was fantastic you could tell they love spiderman and understood the fan base, poking fun at the overly explained origin story everyone can practically recite by heart and recreating some classic spiderman memes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoutout to how the animators were able to use different visual style for the different Spider-people. I loved how Spider-Ham and SP//dr both had their own distinct looks, which I felt gave them both even more personality. Oh, and seeing thicc Kingpin was a joy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon