CG And Superheroes

Firstly, I thought this would be a nice note to end the class on. A good video to reflect on the place of special effects in movies today XD.

My actual question, though... why aren't there more 3D CG Superhero movies? It seems like it's the one area that would really benefit from a highly stylized look where the proportions can be crazily exaggerated. And there's so much fun stuff you can do with art style. 
I'm really happy Into the Spider-Verse is starting to play around with this. I hope there's more in the future! It just seems to obvious to me that CG could be a really good way to bring to life that slick, plastic-y look that so many comic books already have without compromising the creativity of either medium. Are there more examples that I'm just not thinking of? 


Comments

  1. Luckily, I think Into the Spider-Verse will open the door to a lot of similar projects. Marvel usually only needs one success to realize that something "works", and then they extend on that thing (i.e. R-Rated superhero movies) with more films like it. And if Marvel's making money doing it, then DC will also want to join eventually, and then all sorts of 3D CG comic book movies could take flight in an awesome way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon