Are hyperhybrid films becoming less popular?

We touched on this in class a little bit, but I was thinking about how hyperhybrid stuff has kind of become less of a novelty? It used to be like a tech demo - look at what we can do with this new VFX kind of thing, especially for Avatar & Planet of the Apes mocap stuff - but I feel like maybe it's starting to reach it's peak and become less exciting on it's own, just because we're so used to seeing it. Same thing with Disney 3D animated films. So then that exhaustion opens up doors for things like Into the Spiderverse, which is twisting the whole 3D animation thing and creating this new visual style. Just wondering if anyone else felt similarly? Do you think we'll start seeing more things like Spiderverse in the future?

Comments

  1. I think some films are gonna be more experimental, but Hollywood in general is definitely gonna try to keep one-upping itself until it crumbles. Like it's only a matter of time until someone makes a vr experience that looks as good as planet of the apes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree. I think that it began as more of a test of the technology, but will continue to advance into the future. This hyperhybrid technique will be used to create more and more unique visual techniques and new styles. I do think that as this technology advances, it will become more mainstream and possibly threaten a lot of the mainstream visual techniques used in movies today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that more and more artwork is going to be introduced into the mainstream hollywood world. While hyperhybrid animation will stay and get better, I also think that more art is being debuted every single year and because of anime's growing popularity in the west, we will start to see classical animation once again gracing the big screens

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon