Another Grinch movie

Let’s talk about the Grinch.

It’s been remade so many times, there’s the cartoon version, the live action version, and now the new Grinch, which I guess I would say is 3D CGI.

I loved the cartoon version, it was the original and it makes me nostalgic. The live action remake was beautifully done and I’m not usually a huge fan of live action so kudos to all the people who really made it work. Also, Jim Carrey is incredible. I’m really interested to see how this one will do because it seems like it has it’s own spin on it. I mean after all, Tyler the Creator sings in it, which I never saw coming.


I’m usually not a huge fan of remakes either because they are never usually as good as the original, but I haven’t been disappointed yet by the Grinch so, hopefully this one will be good.



Comments

  1. yeah, i love both versions of the grinch so much from a nostalgic standpoint too so I am a little hesitant about the new one. just from seeing the trailers for this i feel like they kind of lost a lot of the character in this newest animation style but who knows, you're right that they haven't done wrong yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as anti-hero holiday characters goes, the Grinch is an incredible one, and a newer animated Grinch definitely looks to be fun, however I feel like they are jumping the gun a little on this remake. The Lion King is a weird situation where the style is so drastically different from the original and it's been almost 25 years since the original. With this Grinch, the original animated film is so iconic in it's style, and then it's only been 18 years since the live action film, I just feel like we could have waited a few more years for a third Grinch film with the same plot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon