Washington, Washington. 6'8" Weighs a F***ing Ton

I didn't realize there was so much I didn't know about our nation's first president!!

I don't even know where to begin with this film so uh, yeah. It was hilarious. The crude animation plus the catchy song with bizarre lyrics, just amazing.  It's been stuck in my head for quite some time and I kinda want it to stay there. The writing for this film was just some top notch comedy.

On a more serious note, I feel like there is a crowd of people that would say this is not animation. Defending themselves with reasons such as second long frames that don't seem to connect. I guess you could look at the root of Animation and say that these characters aren't "animated."

Well , you're tacky and I hate you.

Each frame is connected. The song isn't necessary to find a story line. If you watch it without sound, you'd find yourself creating a narrative out of all of these frames. Yeah, it may not be what was intended, but it is nonetheless a story told in pictures, bringing these characters to life throughout. 

But is a story even necessary?

I would say no. But hey that's just me.

Do you consider this animation?
Is a story necessary?
Did George Washington actually invent cocaine?

Comments

  1. I believe this to be a branch of animation. Its not your typical animation with very dynamic movement. This animation is instead limited animation. Limited animation is exactly what it sounds like, limited animation. In this short, there isn't always movement but the story is being told in an animated form non the less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually the way I consider something to be animation or not is if it creates the "illusion of movement". Though the film may not be as animated as others with more drawings each second it still creates some illusion of movement through the sequence of images which makes it an animated film

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say this is animation in the same way a flip book is very basic animation. Just because the actual pictures aren't moving in some stop motion or CGI kind of way, doesn't mean this film isn't creating the illusion of movement in order to tell their story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, if I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, I would say that this was not an animation in the same way that a comic book is not an animation-- it's a series of individual frames that hold information and story-driving details and connect only in a way that help us understand the story, not necessarily create an illusion of movement or life. WE are the ones that animate it in OUR OWN minds. I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt it was a great investment, though I'm not very convinced that it's animation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's interesting that you say some would say this is not animation. Of course it is! I mean sure it isn't like the other films we watched but that doesn't mean anything. All it means is that it is a different form of animation. I'm curious as to where you heard that or came up with that idea how some may believe that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon