Animation a Forum for Youth Politics?

A couple of classes ago we were asked if Animation was a good place for the youth to receive their information on politics. Personally I am torn, I think that it's both great and bad at the same time.
Nowadays a lot of the youth don't really check on the news. Most of their news comes from places like YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter, they have no intentions of watching CNN or reading a New York Times Article (I am very guilty of this). Because of this I do believe that satire in animation would be a good thing. Our generation is more attracted to something like an animation rather than an article.
Here's a strange example, but has anyone heard of Gridiron Heights? Their small 1 minute episodes that recap the NFL season every week. I'm a big fan of football, but now I can't follow it as much as I use to so I just watch those funny satirical episodes to catch up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7nLCfCKUNU

However, I saw in another blog post that satires, like the South Park episode we watched, can turn something that is very serious into a joke. People can take it the wrong way and be influenced by a episode. In this case I think that there are limits to how far people can go with their jokes.
What are you're thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon