https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7LY2z-V3qQ

I am a big fan of YouTube channels Like Looper, that tell you behind the scene fact about different films. The one that I chose to share today talks about one of my favorite films, Coco
I find it interesting to know all the complications that the production ran into and how they solved them to put out such a great film. 
I particularly find really fascinating how Pixar had to update their software to give the skeleton’s the look they wanted. Funny to think that such a successful studio like Pixar had to go back and redesign part of the software to create a new film. 
One thing that did bother me that was touched in the video was how Disney tried to trade mark a Mexican holiday. It feels unnecessary but either way and a little greedy but either way, its really satisfying to see all of the research that went into making this movie in order to feel completely authentic. Watching the movie, characters literally look similar to some of my relatives back in Mexico, especially Coco. Coco straight up reminds me of my grandma. The food that appears on screen looks so real and highly detailed that it looks like it came out of the local bakery that I used to go to when I lived in Mexico. The streets alone take me back to playing soccer in the streets with the other kids form the neighborhood. I am so happy to see a big studio like Pixar take its time to make a film that so accurately describes my culture. It feels good to see a holiday so tied to my roots in many cinemas and see that people not only enjoy the film but learn and appreciate about an important Mexican holiday. 
Either way I just really wanted to talk about how much I really like Coco. If you guys are interested in learning more about the making of dumb little facts I recommend you guys check out Looper’s YouTube channel. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon