Flux

After watching the film Flux, my life was changed. It was easily the best short film I have ever seen and I am a much happier person having seen it. 

From the start, the style of the animation was so crude, yet so beautiful. It reminded me of how I doodle in my notebook during class, not Animation Aesthetics, of course.  Mouths larger than their heads, unrealistic yet simplistic setting and details. I was engaged from the start because of the style, but the story is what really got me going.

Life. It's just a simple film about life. Yes, it is very exaggerated but overall it is simply life. The child gets hurt, and the parents care for them while the sky's utters poor down on them ever once in a while. We've all seen it, no need going through the story, but the bookend of a child swinging and getting hurt makes the story really work well.

After going back and looking at the film again, the manipulation of space is ridiculous. The characters just grab the house to bring it closer to them. Gorgeous.

Overall, I'm in love with this film and I feel like I have no direction in this writing, but go watch Flux again.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

  1. I actually did not like the film if I am being completely honest. I thought the animation style was very interesting, and did also remind me of little doodles in my notebook, but as a whole it was overall too much movement and hurt my eyes to look at.

    I thought the story was very interesting but the animation style just wasn't my favorite. The splash of certain colors was interesting and nice but other than that it overall just seemed too messy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. This was such an interesting and new way to view the ups and downs of family and the cycle of life. It was crude, funny, and overt. I also loved how it played with perspective and how characters moved from one location to another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved and hated this one!! I think it's an animation I need to watch again to really understand it. Overall though it pushed the boundaries of what conventional animation is, animation is not only Disney and The Incredibles (don't get me wrong I love it) but I love how experimental Flux was and the fact that it hit on such real and raw emotions and messages. I would like to see what else this animator makes and what kind of person they are in real life haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon