Wall-E

Wall-E takes place in what some people see as the inevitable future. Earth gets trashed and we have to leave to colonize a different planet or a spaceship. You all know the story, its Pixar and we've seen it.

But in terms of story, why is it one of the best animated movies of all time?

I'd say because it is something that people could see happening. Maybe not the whole robots falling in love thing, but having to evacuate our planet because we have trashed it. People see America as overweight pieces of poop, but now citizens are so overweight that they need to travel around in floating chairs?

Ridiculous to think of, but if we are talking about extreme outcomes, that's right there and it's scary.  Overall, Wall-E is amazing and one of my favorite animated films, but it's not because of the animation style. The story is just as important, and it is Pixar's strongest in my opinion.

Comments

  1. I definitely agree with you. I think that people are scared to realize the reality that is actually linked to the film. It seems wild and completely fictional, but it actually could be our future if we are not careful. If people were less afraid of this possible future, I agree that Wall-E could be one of Pixar's strongest, but it is constantly overshadowed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon