takeaways from this class

I've never been a huge fan of animation, but taking this class has made me realize how narrow-minded I was. My understanding and appreciation for animation has gone through the roof. When this class started I had a very undeveloped understanding of animation. Before this class I would have never thought of CGI as animation, even though it so clearly is now. My definition of animation has broadened and became more confusing for me to understand.  Animation is in almost every movie and it's starting to blow my mind. 

In addition, I saw animation as a "kid" medium.  I never thought an animated movie would move me as deeply as a movie like Waltz with Bashir did.  Also I found out I might actually like anime movies. I always thought anime movies were "weird" since they have such a strange stigma behind them. After watch the two anime movies in class, I can honestly say that they aren't as bad as many people make them out to be.

I didn't think I would like this class, but ended up enjoying it a lot. I learned so much and I don't feel as naive in the world of animation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon