Cartoon Saloon's next film was just bought by Apple

The distribution rights to Wolfwalkers, the next film by Irish animation studio and makers of Secret of Kells and Song of The Sea Cartoon Saloon, was just bought by Apple's new streaming service. This makes me very disappointing because A: I was very much looking forward to this film getting a theatrical release, and Carton Saloon getting the praise they deserve with another Oscar worthy film. B: Since Apple is a giant mega corporation, them getting the distribution rights to Wolfwalkers means they will probably shift the original vision for the film in order to reach a wider audience. C: I'm not sure how many people will even get Apple's new service so this film which I've been excited for for almost 2 years might go unseen.

On the bright side though, these films take an extremely large sum of money to get made in the first place, so if selling the distribution rights means this film gets to be made at all is a worthy trade in my book. Cartoon Saloon is a fantastic studio and I want them to have the best opportunity they can at getting their films to an american audience, even if it means giving up rights to distribution.


https://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/its-official-apple-has-picked-up-rights-to-cartoon-saloons-wolfwalkers-163868.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon