Animation is For Everyone

I've never really thought of animation as something for kids, even though I know it is very often how it is perceived by the film industry. I've watched and loved many animated films throughout my entire life and after taking this course, I still stand by my opinion that animation can be just as much for adults and teens as it is for children. I think many adult cartoons like Bojack Horseman and South Park are proof that adults can find enjoyment in animation. I see animation less as a genre and more of an aesthetic choice, like how in life action, color correction and lighting effects are often different depending on the genre and filmmaker. Different genres in animated films also very often look different. I wish animated films would get more recognition during events like the Academy Awards, which is not to say they haven't before (Beauty and the Beast was nominated for Best Picture), but it very rarely happens. I think if animated films were considered for other categories than best animated feature, it could help pave the way for people to open themselves up to the idea that animation is something people of all ages can find enjoyment and emotions in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon