Animation as Art

For me, watching song of the sea really showed me how much of a true art form animation is.  When I think about what traditional "art" expectations are, I think of painting for example.  I think that animation can really take this traditional expectation of art however and bring it to new heights.  Watching song of the sea really just seemed to me as if I was in a moving painting and it truly was a magical experience.  I think that this really is a large part of the magic of animation and how unique of a medium it really is.  Advancing technology also elevates this as technology will no longer get in the way of inspiring artists and animators to make their visions into reality such as this film.
Below is an article that I found that hits on animation being seen as an art form.

https://www.parkwestgallery.com/animation-art-20th-century/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon