Academy Awards VFX Shortlist

Yesterday, the Academy Awards announced the shortlist for 9 categories, including visual effects. Of all of the categories, it seemed like this one was the most controversial based on twitter response. Considering this year had a lot of visually stunning films, it's not surprising some good ones got snubbed. It seemed like a lot of people were angry Aquaman was not in consideration but 3 Marvel films were. Personally, I'm sad to see Annihilation left off, I thought that had some of the coolest vfx this whole year. That scene in the lighthouse is just amazing. What were some vfx that stood out to you this year?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon