Lion King Trailer Thoughts

After watching The Lion King trailer, I wanted to take some time to give my thoughts. First off, I would like to note that the effects look astonishing. The animals shown throughout the trailer look photorealistic for the most part. The cast is also impressive. I'm especially excited to see John Oliver as the voice of Zazu.

However one thing I am concerned about is the actual plot of the film. It appears to be, from what the trailer showed, exactly the same as the animated version. Many people, myself included may see this as a problem. Now I'm honestly not sure how they could change up the first half of the movie without turning it into a completely different movie, however I definitely think the writers could, and should, diverge the plots after the second half starts. I see a lot of potential for them to prevent the films from feeling too similar, which I hope is what the writers will end up doing.

Comments

  1. Seeing as this is going to be a spectacle film to show off the incredible CGI that the animators have been creating, with a piece classic source material and a cast of incredible voice actors, I don't see a problem with the film having much the same plot. This has been Disney's whole shtick for the last few years, and I'd be more surprised if they tried to take a new angle at The Lion King. If anything, I would feel kind of uncomfortable if they strayed too far from the source. Give me Seth Rogen singing Hakuna Matata in photo-real animation and I'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon