Is there meaning behind adult animation?

The question of is adult animation strictly for humor or does it really have a meaning behind it was given to us during Tuesday's class. I believe that it all depends on the film. Of course, Persepolis is a film that is very heavily based upon meaning more than it is upon humor, but when we look at the Beavis and Butthead sketch, there is obviously a focus on the humor. Therefore, I don't think that this question is one that can really be answered as far as one of the other. Each type of adult animation has its own purpose. Many of the feature length films that we have watched in class have been more focused on the meaning rather than the humor, which is interesting to see considering animation tends to be an outlet for humor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon