Family Guy vs South Park

After watching the South Park episode we saw, I knew that I didn't like it. The humor wasn't for me and it just seemed a bit cheesy. That being said the creators are still making millions by pumping out hundreds of episodes so it has to be good to most people, just wasn't for me though! That being said however, I really enjoy fart and adult humor. Family guy is one of my favorite tv shows of all time, and this clip below of fart humor is definitely on my top 10 best Family Guy moments. To me I feel like if I were to enjoy Family Guy and the fart humor they offer, then why didn't I like the humor of South Park. I really enjoy the Book of Mormon musical which was from the creators of South Park so I do enjoy their humor, but why didn't I enjoy this episode? That brings me to the though of maybe I didn't like it because the animation style. The movement of the 2D animation made me dizzy, especially when the puppets talked, so that made my ranking go down significantly. I thought the movement of the characters were way too fast and it all looked a little to "simple" for my taste if that makes any sense. What do you guys think about it? How about South Park vs. Family Guy? I would love to hear what you guys think!

https://youtu.be/w4nQR1a1fNo

Comments

  1. I totally see where you are going with this. That South Park episode kind of made me cringe rather than laugh. It was so extra and the humor was not there for me. And yes, I am a HUGE fan of Family Guy. I can rewatch episodes all day if I wanted to. For me, I think that the reason why fart humor in Family Guy is so much better than what we saw in South Park is because it is done in a much more clever way. In South Park it felt like fart jokes were just thrown randomly throughout the episode while in Family Guy it is done strategically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I didn't like it either! I felt like I was the only one because so many people were laughing along with the jokes but honestly... they were so overused I couldn't see s possible way of people enjoying the episode by the end. I really don't enjoy adult cartoons very much, I guess I just don't have that kind of humor. However, I can stand Family Guy. As someone who has seen Book of Mormon 6 times, I can agree with you I love that kind of humor. Maybe humor is portrayed differently when it's coming from real people, rather than characters on a screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand why you probably did not enjoy the episode. I would like to clarify that it's not until season 4 begins that South Park really becomes more clever and funny. Much of seasons 1-3 is what we saw in that one episode, which I don't think is an accurate representation of the show as a whole. I have watched a lot of South Park and Family Guy and I can wholeheartedly say that in my opinion South Park is miles better than Family Guy, especially since Family Guy went extremely downhill in the later seasons but South Park got better and better as it went on. The main reason I like South Park more, especially later on is the much better use of humor. Family Guy is largely made up of cutaways to something completely random and unrelated to anything going on in the episode, while South Park uses their humor in relation to their plot. The creators of South Park actually did a two part episode basically explaining their views on Family Guy, differentiating themselves from the show but acknowledging that they understand why people like Family Guy's style of humor. And while I do understand why some people may prefer Family Guy, the jokes have always just seemed to easy to me. It is easy to laugh at randomness, and since Family Guy uses this to the maximum, it comes across as lazy to me. But still, I understand it is a personal preference.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon