Coraline

Believe it or not, I have never seen Coraline before. I've seen clips, I've seen the very beginning and the very end, but I've never bee able to sit down and watch it the full way through. It's not because I don't like the story, or because I don't like the method of animation they used... their stop motion is incredible. I just have never got around to watching the whole thing! I'm typing this now because I plan on watching it today so... I'm going to update you afterwards on what I think about it. But first, I want to think of my expectations of it. Well... I already expect it to be great. People have been raving about it for so long, especially animators. I WANT to be blown away by it honestly, and I want to have an interest in stop motion after (not that I don't already, but I hope I have a special interest in it. Maybe it will spark something in me. Is this too much to ask, like do I have too high of expectations right now? I'm not sure. Alright.... I'm going to watch it now.

Woooowwwwwwww. That was... something. That was EVERYTHING! Amazing. Wow. I think my favorite thing overall about the movie was the fact that Coraline could crawl through this tunnel and get to a world that was so real yet not at all. It's like that tunnel world is inside of the real world. The movie was amazing. And I do now have way more of an appreciation for stop motion animation. How do they make movement look so smooth?? It was incredible and now all I want to do watch Paranorman haha.

Comments

  1. Neil Gaiman is one of the most imaginative authors out there and I love how well they managed to translate the world and themes of the original to the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop motion animation is honestly so amazing. I'm obsessed with this movie and basically every movie I've seen that has stop motion. I always ask these questions too, like how did they do this? how did they make everything so perfect? It's really just an incredible medium and doesn't get enough credit for how hard it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon