Gerald Scarfe


I wanted to look a little bit at one of my favorite animators Gerald Scarfe. Scarfe was responsible for the animation in Pink Floyd’s The Wall film. He also designed some of the bands artwork and album covers.

What I like about Scarfe is his ability to create visceral and compelling images seemingly in every frame. From walking hammers to grotesque screaming faces, his artwork is eye-catching and often stays with you for a long time after viewing. He also has great skill in morphing his subjects into other things with fluid motion.

Overall, I just think Scarfe is a terrific animator and was hugely responsible for the lasting image of Pink Floyd. If you haven’t seen The Wall you should check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon