Fine art or experimental?

We had a conversation last class, and these are my thoughts on it:
The films in the most recent screening simply can not be grouped into one category. However, I believe that they all have multiple aspects of each "group". For example, the film "Death and the Mother" was very visual, yet could be considered visually simple. It showed aspects of fine art through the story and drawings, yet it was also an experience that shocked the audience. It also felt "unusual". I believe that there are films where, on the surface, may seem like they fit into one group perfectly. You need to dig deeper, and only then will you find how the fit into other categories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon