Cool Animations

My favorite animations that we watched this past viewing session were 78 Tours and L'home sans ombre. I've never seen this kind of style of animation before. I loved how dizzying the images were and how it was constantly changing where you thought you were and what you thought was happening. I thought it was so cool how these animations would go forward and backward in time and repeat scenes. I really appreciated all the work behind each of the pictures in it and how detailed the art was. This also relates to how important sound is in animations because since so many of these images were still, the sound design helped create the illusion of movement and action happening.

Comments

  1. I really liked 78 Tours too! I loved that the short started with still images that could have been found in a museum and then turned into this completely fluid change from scene to scene. If it was live action it would have been done in one take! This makes me wonder how long it took him to make, a we talked about how tedious it takes to make even a 2 minute animated short. I also really appreciate the detail, like you said.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bratz: Rock Angelz is the movie I didn't know I needed

Does Animation Have to Make You Laugh?

She-ra is my new favorite gay icon